PEMSERTER® Fastener Insertion
The PEMSERTER® Series 2000® automatic fastener installation press system incorporates upgraded operating features and expansion capabilities to promote streamlined job productivity and quality.
The press offers the ideal technology to install all types of self-clinching fasteners rapidly, reliably, and permanently in thin-metal sheets and the Bowl feed allowing quicker hit rates on mass production.
The Series 2000 press uses a programmable logic controller and a menu-driven touch screen operator interface system. Touch screens allow for quick-run-set-up, easy operator training, and precise fastener installation setups. They also allow the operator to instantly adjust installation variables such as dwell time and installation force and automatically alert and direct the operator to any safety or system faults for quick diagnosis. The Series 2000 press has a unique patented Light Stream®
Operator Safety System. It is a wireless, fail-safe system which utilizes a pair of infrared beams that immediately detect when the main ram contacts any object, metallic or non-metallic, that should not be in its path. The Light Stream system provides a fast, precise, and reliable safety system that ensures ram force is only applied to fasteners during installation.
Features & Benefits
- The job search and recall mode allows operators to reference 300 stored jobs and return to previous job s quickly and easily.
- PLC readily accommodates custom programs.
- A cast aluminium bowl with epoxy coating handles larger parts and performs quietly.
- A wide feeder track increases fastener-feeding rates; the robust shuttle support design improves small-fastener feeding.
- A larger touch-screen and graphics contribute to operator-friendly operation.
- The press is Ethernet capable and expandable to interface with data collection systems, production management systems, and off-site troubleshooting systems.
- Adjustable ram stroke distance control in manual and bottom feed nut mode.
- Real-time installation force feedback displayed on screen.
- Fastener and batch counters.
- Descriptive screen alerts for operating errors.
- Smart dwell and force verification.
- Self-diagnostic system lets operator work with increased speed, accuracy, and confidence.
- LightStream® Operator Safety System provides continuous operator and work piece protection.
- Colour-coded tooling for quick changeover.